Our Core Beliefs and Guiding Philosophy
- Medicine should be learned and understood, not memorized or regurgitated.
- There are logical, mechanistic, clinically-relevant explanations that connect the pathogenesis of a disease to its clinical manifestations.
- Understanding how diseases manifest will help students be more confident in their knowledge and its application in a clinical setting.
- Learning about how diseases manifest shouldn’t have to be a frustrating exercise that involves combing through multiple resources to find simple answers.
- There should be a comprehensive resource that clearly illuminates the reasons for why diseases manifest as they do, rather than simply providing lists of signs and symptoms.
- To improve accessibility to learning materials, our resource should be provided free of charge to anyone interested in learning medicine.